Happy 2017! Did you feel it too? Ready for 2016 to be over?
As a little celebration, I’ve comprised a list of my top 5 reasons why 2017 might just be a little kinder to us all.
5. We finally get to meet Ben Affleck’s brother Casey. The Best Actor front-runner for Manchester by the Sea has been living in his brother’s shadow (not to mention, under the thumb of his past sexual harassment controversy). Go get ’em Casey.
4. New Chinese-related emojis! We really needed these. A set of four new emojis came via a Kickstarter campaign which referred specifically to the dumpling emoji by name, yet went on to include the fortune cookie, takeout box and chopsticks as well.
3.Disney-Pixar has officially announced a fourth Toy Story film will be released in June 2017. Yep, three just wasn’t enough. Get your Buzz on. To 2017 and beyond!
2. Dubai announced that it will be organizing and hosting the world’s first World Future Sports Games in December 2017. The World Future Sports Games will be featuring innovative and state-of-the-art tech to compete in sports.
The first Games will be hosted by Dubai and will be held over a 3-day period from December 28 – December 30, 2017. The aim is to hold the games every 2 years for a 3-day period, hosted by different participating countries. There will be nine futuristic competitions that employ modern technology and artificial intelligence:
- driverless car racing,
- robotic soccer,
- robotic running competitions,
- robotics swimming,
- robotic table tennis,
- robotic wrestling,
- drones races and
- cybathlon competition.
1. What? The first human head transplant could occur as early as 2017! Medical News Today reported that Italian scientist Sergio Canavero of the Turin Advanced Neuromodulation Group says his “Gemini” spinal fusion protocol could be used to extend the lives of patients suffering from progressive muscle and nerve diseases and terminal cancer. A 30-year-old Russian man is set to become the first person to undergo the procedure. Hmmmm….this one is hard to wrap your head around, isn’t it?
A few months ago, I received a call from a client who asked if I’d consider narrating a video game that he was creating. I said, ‘Sure. Tell me about it.’
He told me he’d spent the last nine months working on it. He’d registered as a developer, found programmers and started coding. He had planned to do the narration himself. However, his prototype needed to be ready for testing by the end of the month and it didn’t sound right. The pacing was awkward and choppy sounding, production wasn’t right and the voice wasn’t working. At this point, he needed narration done within the next two days to meet his deadline!
He sent me the script, along with screenshots of what the game concept is. It was no problem to turn it around in time. How much pressure would he have saved himself had he hired a professional voice talent/producer in the beginning? Just like anything else, narration can be the icing on a production’s cake that either makes or breaks the project! Curious how the game turned out? Check it out on Youtube, Rachel Alena and choose the video ‘Agent 43’.
What Top 5 animals have the best hearing ?
- The Greater Wax Moth
Where is the Largest Market for Wireless Audio Devices? North America
The 2nd Largest Market? Asia Pacific. china japan and India are top major markets.
Growth predictions? These markets are expected to double by the year 2021
What exactly is an audio device? A device that uses wireless technology to play different types of audio files.
(source: embedded computing design)
Viewers retain 95% of the information they view in a video while they typically only retain 10% of what they read in plain text.
A compelling 1-minute video can explain your client’s company, product and message better than a full page of text!